Saturday 10 January 2015

Winter Make-Up

In winter, one of the most popular make-up looks is the smokey eye with a dark berry lip. I think this make-up suits the majority of people and it is so easy to achieve. This is one of my personal favourites so I thought I'd share with you how I create it.


To start with, I put my Rimmel London wake me up foundation on. In the cold weather, I tend to notice that my complexion looks really colourless and tired pretty much all of the time. This foundation is brilliant for making you look a bit more awake and perky. To apply this I used the Real Techniques buffing brush.

Next, I put some concealer on under my eyes, on any areas of redness and blemishes. For this, I used my lasting perfection ultimate ware concealer by Collection. I could not love this product more! It has such good coverage and lasts for a very long time, even through the cold weather. To apply this I used the Real Techniques pointed foundation brush.

After letting my foundation and concealer set for a little while, I applied the Rimmel London stay matte powder. I have used this product for years and unless I find anything better, I will be using it for many years to come. To apply this I used the Real Techniques powder brush.

Moving on to brows. The only product I use is the Maybelline brow drama in medium brown. I need my eyebrows done really badly at the moment so all I do is brush some of the product through and then shape them into my desired position.

Now for the eyes. In my previous post, I wrote about the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette and I'm still so obsessed. First, I applied YDK all over the lid and blended it out. For this, I used my base shadow brush by Real Techniques. In my crease, I put the shade tease and blended that out with a Real Techniques deluxe crease brush. Then, I mixed the colours together and put a little bit under my eyes to balance it out. To do that, I used the Real Techniques accent brush.

Since the eyeshadow is quite bold, I only put a thin line of eyeliner on to define my lashes. To do this, I used the Bourjois liquid eyeliner. This eyeliner is one of my favourites because the applicator is so amazing; The bristles stay in place and it is so easy to put on.

For mascara, I used the Clinque lash power mascara. I got this as a Christmas presents from my grandparents and it is the best mascara I've ever had. It separates my lashes as well as making them look longer and defined.

Finally, I used my Rimmel London lasting finish by Kate Moss lipstick in the shade 107. Overall, I really love this lipstick. It gives a matte finish whilst making my lips feel soft and moisturised. 

Have a good day everyone.
Love, Lillie




No comments:

Post a Comment